Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What's Your Favorite...

I've been meaning to blog more but Paul is "Squash"ing, so I'm just going to answer a question from "My Favorite Things, How Well Do You Know Your..." by Raisner, Klausner and Raisner. (I have some topics listed overthere ––> )

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE.... (from page 142, randomly chosen!)

Foreign Film?
Foreign Language?


These are my top ten Foreign Films. My most favorite is #1. (I couldn't pick just one!)
1. "Amalie"
2. "Todo sobre mi Madre"
3. "Habla con Ella"
4. "Y Tu Mama Tambien"
5. "Run Lola Run"
6. "Crouching Tiger..."
7. "Princess Mononoke"
8. "Amores Perros"
9. "Spirited Away"
10. "Kung Fu Hustle"

As for my Favorite Foreign Language..that would be Croatian. It sounds yummy!
(Of course that's because I'm only thinking of Goran Visnjic)

Okay it's YOUR TURN! (If anyone is reading this...go ahead tell me your favorites!)

2 Comments:

At February 20, 2007 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh, that's a tough one. I don't think I can rank them, though.

I loved Amalie & Crouching Tiger too. Also liked Three Men and a Cradle (French), Shall we Dance? (Japanese) Das Boot (German) & and The Gods Must Be Crazy (South Africa). Do Australian & British films count as Foreign? I love a ton of those too. too many to list here.

Almost all of my favorite foreign films have been re-made (usually quite poorly) by American studios.

Almost any foreign language is better than English... but if I had to pick one, it would probably be Russian. (Like John Cleese in A Fish Called Wanda!)

 
At February 21, 2007 at 1:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh those are great movies! I didn't count British or Australian Films as foreign..but now that you mentioned it, I guess they are. My list clearly changes then! I love love Muriel's Wedding and The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert as well as Once Were Warriors. And there are just way too many British movies to list.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home