Monday, February 12, 2007

Secret Crush

Okay on to the business at hand...Secret Crushes. So I was Blog Exploring on Blog Explosion and I came upon this boy's bloglog, he was about 19, but he looked just like this boy who I had a massive crush on in highschool. Then I got to thinking about this boy back in highschool. You know, wondered what he was doing, if he ever got married, stuff like that, then it hit me...he was my Secret Crush. I don't think anyone ever knew I had a crush on him! Well, Paul knows now, but back then..I kept it under wraps!

His name was Gabriel Rosales. I had him for one class, the whole time I was in highschool. I used to sit by him in Geology my Jr. year. I can still picture him now. He was a little rebellious, I guess. Maybe that's why I was crushing on him! I hated highschool, probably just as much as he did. I finally stopped crushin' when he "crushed" my heart! Awe. He had commented on these bracelets I had and kept telling me how "cool" they were. But, even though my mom had brought them back for me from Albuquerque and they were sterling silver with these cool etchings on them, me being the dumb ass that I was, gave them to him!

The crushing part was, a week later, this chick named Cattina had bracelets that looked exactly like the ones I had given Gabriel and so I told her that I thought her bracelets were cool and she said.."OH Gabriel gave them to me!" I knew those were the bracelets I had given him. They weren't your average bracelets you could buy at the local mall. My mouth dropped. My heart broke. I never told him that I knew he gave Catt the bracelets. I just pretended to not care. As a matter of fact, I never told anyone about the bracelets or my crush.

The next year, he had graduated and I was a Senior. I was walking to my car when I saw him in the parking lot, he was picking up his sister from school. He called me over, we talked a bit and he kept saying I looked different and how good my hair looked. He even suggested that we hang out sometime. I said something about not having time. The next day his sister told me that he told her to say "hi" to me. I laughed.

By this time, I was already going out with my wonderful Paul, who I eventually married and we've lived happily ever after. Plus, Paul never gave away anything I gave him :)

The End!

1 Comments:

At February 12, 2007 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Shelly said...

cute story! enjoyed your blog

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home