Friday, February 2, 2007

Punxsutawney Phil

Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/07 at 7:28 a.m. at Gobbler's Knob:

Straight from the Groundhog website:

"El Nino has caused high winds, heavy snow, ice and freezing temperatures in the west.
Here in the East with much mild winter weather we have been blessed.

Global warming has caused a great debate.
This mild winter makes it seem just great.

On this Groundhog Day we think of one thing.
Will we have winter or will we have spring?

On Gobbler's Knob I see no shadow today.
I predict that early spring is on the way."

We'll see if this Groundhog knows what the heck he's talking about!



Today's not just Groundhog day but "Cute boy du jour" day. I'm still sick and pretty busy looking for an apt. SO I think I'm going to add my "Cute boy du jour" but not do movie review day. Or perhaps postpone it for Sunday, since it's Super Bowl Sunday and I could care less :)

Today's "Cute boy du jour" is Dweezil Zappa.
Since it's Groundhog's Day I
wanted to pick a boy who had something to do with this day...and here's why I picked Dweezil:
Dweezil was on a show called "Dweezil and Lisa" with his then fiancé Lisa Loeb. On one particular episode, Dweezil plays golf with Bill Murray, Bill Murray was on that kooky movie "Groundhog's Day", hence the connection to Groundhog Day! Ta da!

I love Dweezil. I've loved Dweezil forever! I even had a fish named after him. (Okay the fish's name was Franklin first, because I had two fish, Ben and Franklin, but then Franklin ate Ben and it just wasn't any fun to have a Franklin without a Ben, so I switched his name to Dweezil after my then bofrend, Dweezil Zappa!)

So yeah, loved Dweezil since I was like 12. He's still cute. And I'm sorry to type this, but I'm actually happy he and Lisa never got married. The End.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home