Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day...part deux

It's about 12 hours later and I'm still trying to think of something to blog about.

Since I can't really think of anything, I think I'm going to answer a question from "The Book of Questions" by Gregory Stock.

QUESTION 14 (for Valentine's Day!)

"Would you rather be extremely successful professionally and have a tolerable yet unexciting private life, or have an extrememly happy private life and only a tolerable and uninspiring professional life?"
I already have a happy private life and an uninspiring professional life! So maybe I'll pick the extremely successful profession. It would be cool to be something different, like an art curator for The Met. That sounds like a successful profession. Plus I'm sure it would be fun doing that type of work. At least I think it would be fun. I'm sure it's hard work though. I really wouldn't mind if my private life were boring and dull, if my professional life could fulfill the void. Plus then I'd probably never have to worry about bills! And I'd take that over a happy private life, any day!



So if anyone is reading this, what are your thoughts on this question? Anyone? An•y•one?

2 Comments:

At February 15, 2007 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

The philosophical Dr. John made you his link of the day and sent us all to ponder your question.

I think I'd choose the highly satisfying personal life with the blah career. An exciting career would be great, but only for a short time, I'm thinking, without happiness in your personal life.

 
At February 16, 2007 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Shelly said...

I would pick the extremely happy private life I don't care much about the career part.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home