Saturday, February 24, 2007

2007 Independent Spirit Awards

I watched the Independent Spirit Awards on IFC today. It was alright. I haven't seen most of the movies nominated. This is the first time, that I haven't seen any of the movies nominated for any awards this year. It's quite pathetic actually. But I blame the whole move and not having a job. Since Paul and I are sort of strapped for cash, we really don't go out much. So that means no movies. Which sucks really, because I love watching movies! Oh well.

So congratulations to all the award winners, especially:
Best Feature: "Little Miss Sunshine"
Best Director:
Jonathan Dayton, Valerie Faris, "Little
Miss Sunshine"
Best Documentary:
"The Road to Guantanamo"

Best Foreign Film:
"The Lives of Others"

Best Female Lead:
Shareeka Epps,"Half Nelson"
Best Male Lead:
Ryan Gosling, "Half Nelson"
Best Supporting Female: Frances McDormand, "Friends With Money"
Best Supporting Male:
Alan Arkin, "Little Miss Sunshine"
Best Screenplay:Jason Reitman, "Thank You For Smoking"
Best First Screenplay:
Michael Arndt, "Little Miss Sunshine"
Best Cinematography:Guillermo Navarro, "Pan's Labyrinth"


Later on tonight (early tomorrow) I'll post my Oscar predictions!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home